This post began as a post about the City of Dakar. While I was planning what I wanted to walk about, however, I realized that I was spending a lot of time talking about the traffic in the city. I didn’t want to do an entire post about traffic, because I thought that would be silly. I mean who cares about traffic? But then I was reading my book “The Art of Travel” and the author broke into a discussion of how we are told to be curious only about certain aspects of places and not left to find what we think makes a place interesting. I think that the traffic in Dakar is like no where else in the world, and it fascinates me, so I’m going to talk about it.
Car rapide!

The apprenti hanging off of the back of the car rapide.

Dakar taxi in surprisingly good shape. I guarantee that he honked at me as he drove by me.

Another taxi on a street in my neighborhood.

Horse-drawn carriage trotting down the VDN, the six-lane highway through Dakar.
No comments:
Post a Comment