The sunset during the pirogue ride to Keur Bamboung (the colors in the picture do not to it justice).
Monday, March 16, 2009
Getting There
I have quickly discovered that traveling in Senegal is as much about the time spent in transport as the place where you are visiting. Why? Well, for one thing, the roads are so terrible, or so non-existent, in most areas of the country that traveling to your destination can take more time than you actually spend there. Also, while on the road you witness all sorts of scenes of everyday life in Senegal . Over the past few weeks I have greatly enjoyed the sights that I’ve witnessed on the road, as well as the destinations that lay at its end.

Monkey in the same tree that we watched the monkeys play in while waiting for our driver's cigarettes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment